I use to share my PC with my brother, which meant two people customizing Windows the way they want (programs, software, desktop wallpaper, theme, layout, etc). Thankfully, Windows has provided an opportunity to create multiple user accounts that each one of them can be personalized to the fullest based on users requirements. This way more than one people can use the same PC, without compromising their needs and desires related to computer operating., avoiding conflicts of interest between the users. Everybody is happy, no one gets bothered and bothers someone else.
Me and my brother had user on the same PC, running Windows XP. Today I am on my own, thankfully (Windows has not yet created a system to determine ‘Who’s turn is it?’ . But for all you who have to share your PC with your brother/sister, wife/husband, colleague, friend or anybody else and you are using Windows 7, here’s how you create a new account:
- Click Start and go to ‘Control Panel’.
- On ‘User Accounts and Family Safety’ tab, click on ‘Add or remove user accounts’.
- This will open the window called ‘Manage Accounts’.
- Almost to the bottom you will find and click on ‘Create a new account’.
- This will open a new window where you need to write down the name of the account (whatever you like, for example ‘JayPC’) and the type of the account (Standard or Administrator).
- After you do that, click on ‘Create Account’ and you are done.
- Next time you start up Windows, you will find it listed on the logon screen.